Saturday, 8 December 2012

O Christmas tree

I am about to decorate my tree so this post is very appropriate!  Gayle here with a tree decoration to share with you :)  I am slightly in love with the Alterations snowflake dies so am using them quite a bit!
To make the ornament, I layered up different sized snowflake rosettes to make a double sided decoration (for instructions on how to make the snowflake rosettes, look on youtube and you'll find a video of Tim making them).
 I coloured the snowflakes with Cosmic Shimmer mists in brown and blue, and added some sparkle with icicle Stickles.
 I coloured some crinkle ribbon with tarnished brass Distress Stain and hot glued it in between the larger snowflakes so the decoration can be hung up.
These are lovely and chunky when made up, but not too heavy for your tree :)

You can find everything I used at The Stamp Attic, hope you're enjoying your preparations for Christmas :)

Gayle xx

3 comments:

Wendy said...

stunning, you know how much i love your snowflakes lol

butterfly said...

What a glorious ornament - fabulous inspiration to play with my new die!
Alison x

isisimaginings.com said...

Lovely ornament, I love that die, hoping I might get it for Christmas. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails