Friday, 26 October 2012

We're walking in the air...

Anyone else have fond memories of The Snowman? :) I LOVE Christmas :)
Hi, Gayle here with the first of a few Christmas themed posts :) soooo excited to be working with some of Tim's Christmas stamps, been secretly playing Christmas tuuuuunes to get in the mood!

In my kit to play with this time around was included a wooden box, Stampers Anonymous 'Retro Christmas' stamp set and some Christmas trees, among other things!

Loving this frosty blue and white/silver look - I used faded jeans Distress Ink for most of the inking to match the French Navy Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Mist I used to colour the tree blue.  When dry, I rubbed Distress embossing ink all over the tree and dipped in glittery embossing powder: I also used this method to colour the base of the tree before heating to set.  The top of the box is covered with a piece of old manuscript paper which I cut to size and glued to the top with Glossy Accents, then inked the edges with faded jeans and stamped the corner with the branch stamp from the set.

The snowflakes are Tando Creative die cuts painted with white acrylic paint, then dried and inked with Distress embossing ink and dipped in sparkly embossing powder and heated to set.  I also added icicle Stickles to the edge of the lid to give it a bit more sparkle :) this project is a lot more sparkly in real life!
The lovely snowman is going to be a favourite for me from this stamping set :) I love the snowflake patterns on the body!  I stamped him on white card, cut him out and then outlined with a white pen.
I've included a photo of the box from the top (I'm afraid my camera focused on the top of the tree rather than the box!) just to show the placement of the items - I left the snowman with a small tag on the bottom so that he would stand up on the box, but I didn't like how this looked on the manuscript paper so I just added a few blue and white buttons behind him to match the colour scheme (you can't see them from the front).
Thanks for visiting today!  You can get everything I used here from the Stamp Attic (lots of lovely Christmas goodies there right now!) so I've added links where I can :)

Have a great weekend :)

Gayle xx

6 comments:

isisimaginings.com said...

Very, very beautiful.

Netty said...

Love how you used the products Gayle, Annette x

Hels Sheridan said...

WOW, Gayle this is amazing, great minds think alike, I am making something very similar at the moment! x

dianapena8 said...

Beautiful!!! Loving how that snowman looks next to the Christmas Tree =Di

Wendy said...

stunning x

butterfly said...

My whole living area is blue/white/silver, so I decorate a tiny tree in there each year (in addition to the big tree downstairs) - so the frosty colours of this couldn't be better, as far as I'm concerned! Love the weathering on your box, and beautiful aged music manuscript - altogether, yum!
Alison x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails