Friday, 14 September 2012

Pegs for the memories!

Good morning and happy Friday! Gayle here back from my hols and ready for some crafting :) My project this week uses the fabby IndigoBlu sewing stamps on a wooden peg (believe me I had some thinking to do about how to get peggy with it!) which I thought could make a handy memo holder.
The peg is oversized which makes it easier to decorate ;) so I sprayed it all over with antique green Cosmic Shimmer, (love the gold tint in the light!) and cut pieces of card to the right size to fit the panels on the front.  
I sprayed both panels with a few layers of Cosmic Shimmer and dried them, and stamped the images on with Saddle Brown StazOn, with a bit of frayed burlap Distress Ink to distress the edges.  I glued a pearl pin and an Idea-ology gem clip to the top,
...and threaded some white thread through the brass scissors and sewing machine embellishments which I glued to the peg before gluing the panels on top.

To the front I added a Wendy Vecchi resin dressform and a Maya Road mini spool which I wound with white thread - cute!  Love little tiny embellies :)
And there it is!  This was a lot of fun, I haven't tackled a peg before but really enjoyed :)
All goodies can be found at the Stamp Attic :) thank you for visiting today! It's nice to be back :)

Happy weekend!

Gayle xx

5 comments:

Diane.W. said...

Absolutely gorgeous!So much detail :o) x

Miriam said...

Gorgeous - love what ou have done with the peg!

dianapena8 said...

Stunning! love the colors and all the little details you added to the peg =Di

butterfly said...

Completely adorable... love your imagination and vision to create this - so lovely!
Alison x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fabulous idea, looks fantastic.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails