Sunday, 22 April 2012

Amazing weekend.............

This weekend was sooooo busy here at Chez Stamp Attic as we had a weekend of workshops with our favourite tutor Hels Sheridan, a lovely overnight visitor and CAKE!
Hels arrived bright and early on Saturday morning to teach Altered Books to Caz, Lewis, Jan, Sue and Yvonne. Here she is preparing.....
A good place to start is breakfast, so after a quick visit to Costa (oh yes, we have Costa on site at The Stamp Attic) Lewis is tucking in.....
LOL I took this sneaky photo from inside the shop so he could not see me, he is stuffing a chocolate twist, must admit it looked tasty. If anyone missed breakfast Hels had brought supplies
So, with full tummies it was headlong into cutting, glueing, gesso and ink................
Caz and Lewis hard at work...............
a bit of masking and distress ink........
some niche cutting and stamping...............
When all our lovely Altered Bookers had left, we nipped back to Costa for some caffine and to meet up with the lovely Gayle James who travelled from Swansea.......
Gayle was staying over with me on Sat night ready for the workshop on Sunday. First stop was the supermarket for some dinner and a few snacks for an evening of chatter and twitter tuition.
Armed with Indian food, chocolate, ice cream, chips and dips we spent a pleasant evening where Gayle introduced me to Twitter (watch this space LOL) and we did some unintentional crafting....
Just because it says on the packet you can stick it in the oven, it does not always mean it won't be without incident! We cannot decide if the rice was Clearly For Art, Shrink Plastic or just Altered lol.
So, on to Sunday, Overloaded Tags Workshop with Gayle, Judy, Tessa, Karen, Sue, Lewis, Caz and me - I got to play (thanks Hels)
I forgot my camera until right near the end when my DH appeared with it for me, but I did manage to get some show and tell pics of the finished Tags and T'pouches. This is mine.........
Gayle's.....
Judy's.........
Karen's.........
Sue.........
Lewis.............
and Caz........
Tessa had nipped off home before I could get her's but be assured she did finish one..........
So, all the ladies headed off home, we headed back to Costa (I should have shares) and Gayle went back off to Swansea.
I want to thank Gayle for coming and bringing the most amazing cake, Hels for another weekend of awesome inkyness, Caz for being a fab drinks monitor and all the lovely ladies and gent who travelled many miles to join us for the workshops.
Next workshops will be online soon for booking, keep watching and book fast as they go fast. We have an amazing time I promise you.

5 comments:

Miriam said...

Looks like you all had a fabulous weekend. Your creations are wonderful - well done ladies xxx

Helen said...

Wish I could have been there! Looks amazing fun.

The Scrappy Tree said...

Had so much fun! What a great class, was so happy with my t'pouch :) and had such a great weekend visiting with Wendy and fam, thank you all :)

Gayle xx

Sarah Anderson said...

They both look like fab classes! Lots of gorgeousness, and good old ( said in the nicest possible way!) Colin saving the day with the camera lol x

Barb Cady said...

Oh I so wished I could have made this class! Glad you all had an awesome time xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails